Proofreader WestRock – South Plainfield, NJ $18.75 an hour
(NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Proofreader-1st shift. South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company – Printing and Packaging Jobs:
The Printing Industry is healthy and growing! Find your Career in Printing with MPS!
Currently seeking a Proofreader (1st shift)
Starting Pay $13.00 + Shift Differential, and Up to $18.75/hr.
Full Health Benefits after 30 days of employment.
In this role the QA Tech-Sr. will:
- Check proofs for accuracy using Global Vision Optical Comparitor.
- Check proofs from Design Group for accuracy, ensuring that customer special instructions have been followed.
- Analyze proofs for possible production concerns.
- Verifies all barcodes using TruCheck and QuickCheck 620 barcode scanners.
- Determine if specification book and print instructions have been followed.
- Log jobs into and out of Pre-Press.
- Read and interprets specification sheets.
- Make approval matchprints as needed.
- Check printed press sheets for accuracy as required.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of related experienced preferred.
- Good working knowledge of offset and digital printing preferred.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words, and between series of numbers.
- Detail oriented, organized, willing to continuously improve, and a good team player.
- Must be able to recognize subtle differences in artwork.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, short correspondences and memos.
- Basic office equipment skills including copy and fax machines, telephone communication, and recordkeeping.
- Ability to establish, maintain and retrieve permanent files.
- Must pass color vision and color hue tests, and be able to use a ruler accurately.
- Able to maintain good attendance.
- Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Basic personal computer skills including e-mail, and word processing.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.